GTK--: questions

I am trying my first GTK-- application. I have GTK---0.9.9 and

Problem 1:
I have compiled the and run it. If I press the button b,
everithing's OK. But if I close the window via the window manager, I get

bash-2.01$ ./hello

** WARNING **: file gtkobject.c: line 1140 (gtk_object_get_data_by_id):
"GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)"

** WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect(): could not find handler (1)

Why do I get these messages ?

Problem 2:
I would also like to be able to control the closing of the window (to
prevent unsaved work to be lost). How can this be done ?

Problem 3:
Another question is related to the function from, too:

  gint destroy_event_impl(GdkEventAny *){
    return 0;

This function is never called ! Why and how do I make it be called ?
(this can be checked by changing it in:

  gint destroy_event_impl(GdkEventAny *){
    g_print( "destroy event occured\n");
    return 0;

The message "destroy event occured\n" is never printed.)