Re: [gtk-list] Re: Add to tooltips?

On 10 Jul 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Daniel.Egger@t-online.de (Daniel Egger) writes:
>
> > Hi developers,
> >
> >  I'm planning to expand the possiblities of the tooltipssystem
> >  including:
> >
> >  -Better layout
> >  -More features
> >  -More configurability
> >
> >  To accomplish that it would be nice to have another entry
> >  in the tooltip struct which gives the possibility to set some flags
> >  just as: JUSTIFY_LEFT,JUSTIFY_CENTER,JUSTIFY_RIGHT,
> >  LAYOUT_LEAVE,LAYOUT_OPTIMIZE.
> >
> >  But just adding a guint to GtkTooltips will cause binary incompatibilities,
> >  I'm afraid.
> >
> >  So any ideas and/or hints how to work around are welcome.
>
> Adding a guint at the end of GtkTooltips will cause no harm,
> since nothing derives from GtkTooltips. In any case, I wouldn't
> worry about that too much. Nothing is being added to GTK+1.0,
> and GTK+-1.2 breaks bin-compatibility in many ways.

in complete retrospect to all work on the tooltips, i think they should be
a container like the button. this would serve many purposes, including the
way MacOS does them with several lines of text with images and such.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |