Pixmap freed

What about the policy on releasing pixmaps from 'captivity'? say if I
have an info/error/warning dialog that can pop up many times in the
course of the application. I am getting the idea that by just creating
a new pixmap and then not freeing it at the end of the dialog call I
will be creating memory leaks :( so I suppose it is better to use
a static variable to allocate the pixmap the first time it gets called
and use it every other time as well. Can somebody correct me on this?

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands