Centering window (was Re: Unidentified subject!)

Wed Jul 8 23:09:42 +0200 1998 Daniel Solaz <dsolaz@sistelcom.com> wrote:
> nuke@bayside.net wrote:
> >centering windows is not a good idea. i doubt the person with a 1800x1200
> >virtual res with 800x600 real resolution would appreciate it :)
> Right.  Better pop it up just under the mouse, which is always in
> sight.  OR warp the mouse pointer to your window like OpenLook did.
> -Daniel

Would it be possible to figure out the physical dimensions of the screen
and track it's position on virtual screen -- and center the window there.
The mouse warping could be requested too.

I tested current centering option w/ GIMP startup window, and it centered
it in the bounds of the virtual screen.

Tomi