range control

Hi there,

my gtk documentation lacks some information that
I need - about the range control widget.

What I would like to do is control a variable with
that widget, and see the result of some function
depending on that variable being updated on-the-fly.

I know that the gimp has some filters that can be controled
this way. Any suggestions?

Regards,

manu

--
"In The Beginning Was The Word. Then Came The Fucking Word Processor.
 Then Came the Thought Processor. Then came The Death Of Literature.