Autoexecute function after gtk_main()

This is probably going to seem like a dumb question but the application I'm
building right now has a fairly large number of pixmaps it uses and takes a
while to load.  I would like to have a splashscreen that shows it's logo and a
percent bar so it looks like it's doing something.  I'd like to have gtk_main()
call, once, my function nk_init() as gtk_main() first starts.  The init
function displays the dialogs and updates the percennt bar.  The only problem
is I can't see a good way to have it run the init fnction.

Also, I tried using gtk_timeout_add() but I don't know how to destroy a timeout
so it doesn't keep opening zillions of windows.

Thanks
--
Jeff Clement [jeffzone.dyn.ml.org]
 http://jeffzone.home.ml.org