Redrawing an Object?

Hi,

I just started out with GTK+ and have been reading through the tutorial but
have a question.  I have a Pixmap in a button in a table in a window.  Now
my problem is I need the Pixmap to change.  I've tried gtk_container_add
(button, newpixmap) but this doesn't redraw.  Is there a way to force
redraw.  Also, does anyone know how to do a wait retrace ( for flicker free
graphics ) or a similar function.  Thanks in Advance

--
Jeff Clement
SysGold Ltd

e-mail: jeffc@sysgold.com