On object types

  A simple question, do all the widgets have to be declared as GtkWidget *
  or is that merely a convenience? I mean, is it valid to declare an
  entry widget as such, i.e.

  		GtkEntry *oneEntry;

  the reason for the question is that I see a lot of casting being
  used like GTK_ENTRY(oneEntry) and wonder if so much programmatical
  orthopedics is actually needed. Answers anybody?

  		Cheers,
			Emilio
--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands