Re: [gtk-list] Bi-Di support

Moshe> Hi, I am very interested in seeing GTK/Gnome support Hebrew and
Moshe> other Bi-directional languages,... any thoughts about it?

Moshe> If i want to contribute to it, where should i start?

This has been discussed before on the list.  The below is all IMHO --
nothing I say carries any weight with anybody.

The first (well, easiest) thing to do is to make it so an application
can run properly in a right-to-left locale.  This basically means
making it possible to mirror the layout of widgets (some, but not all
-- very important) about the vertical axis when running r-to-l.  The
previous discussion of this has a lot more details about what needs to
be done and why; check the archives.

Adding full bidi support to the text widget is much harder.

Tom