Re: [gtk-list] Re: Data-bound widgets?

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 12:27:10PM -0400, Michael Fulbright wrote:
>   Marc Ewing and I at the RHAD Labs (www.labs.redhat.com) were discussing
> writing a scaled down MS Access type frontend for SQL databases, and your
> post on the gtk-list about an ODBC interface for gtk sounded very interesting.
[...]
>   We were inspired to start a project because we have several marketing/sales
> types at Red Hat who need a program like 'File Maker Pro' on their old
> macintoshes.  If work has already started on this type of project we would
> like to know...

I have an almost working frontend to handle dbase files using perl.
You can create databases and use your own forms to enter/view data;
it has hooks to run perl code at almost every action.
The missing thing for general use is to support interactive
placement of widgets, lines etc. in the form (this is a work
for the upcoming canvas widget..).
The next step is to use the DBI interface to have access to
almost all of the SQL engines out there, but this may have to wait
until there is cursor support in the drivers.

I don't have much time now to work on it, but I'll try to release it
as soon as possible.

lupus