Re: [gtk-list] Re: scrollbars and signals

Nathan Froyd <maestrox@geocities.com> writes:

> Hmmm. Why doesn't the scrollbar have the values associated with itself?
> It doesn't seems like very good design (at least to me ;) ) to have a
> scrollbar be associated with a particular adjustment.

  [...]

> See above - scrollbars and the like should be independent from relying
> on a common object. Creating 3 different adjustments for three different
> scrollbars seems like a waste of memory and code lines to me.

Unless you want to do something like link three dials and two sliders
in different locations to the same adjustment (i.e. move one and they
all move) or some other UI tomfoolery.

All the "changed_value" signals hang off the adjustment -- there just
happen to be multiple UI items connected to it that can manipulate its
value.

This is assuming I understand ranges and adjustments properly.  I'm
sure someone will correct me if I don't.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>