Re: scheduling & Calendar Apps

Norman B. Robinson wrote:
> Pardon for not responding to the post directly, but several posts have
> discussed calendar & scheduling apps under gnome. I was wondering if those
> people working on such Apps were familar with the IETF CalSch Working
> Group`s work on exchange, inter-operability, and access protocol. It is
> designed for exchange over SMTP, HTTP, FTP, clipboard, drag-and-drop,
> IrDA, tin-cans, etc..

I'm the author of gncal, which is going to be, once I get more programming
time, to have some scheduling facilities.  I have looked at  the iCalendar
information and it looks interesting.  However there is no code (well any
that I can find) at the moment and my gcc hasn't been built with the
-Wno-vapourware flag. :)

Miguel (or whoever put that stuff on the web site) believes that linking into
iCalendar is important to gnome, so it will eventually happen.  We need the
ietf CalSch people to get their documents firmed up first.

Saying that, if anyone wants to volunteer to write an iCalendar server or
even host one (I think netscape and a few others have some sort of server)
that would be handy for testing.

As Shawn has said in another post, it is important for Aorta and gncal
to work together, this is another aspect we have to be careful of.

  - Craig