Re: [gtk-list] window geometry with GTK

In a previous message, Frederic Baumann says:
> After having read the FAQ and the tutorial, I can't find how to force
> the position of the main window of my application.
>
> With X-toolkit based applications, we can use "-geometry ..." on the
> command line or put
> "*.geometry: ..." in the resource file.
>
> What is the equivalent for GTK ?

There isn't anything builtin for this that I could find.  What I would do
is to combine the use of getopt_long() to parse the --geometry option and then
use gtk_widget_set_uposition() to position the window.  I don't know if the
gtkrc file allows for setting of a windows position, however.

My question is:  is getopt_long() an ANSI or POSIX routine?  Is it portable
(re: available) to non-Linux platforms?
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every