Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pixmap Scaling

Hi!

> Not that I know of. But there will be a gdk compatible library available
> soon (ie next week) when I release ElecticEyes for gtk/gnome and
> gdk_imlib. Its a separate library you have to link in, but can do fast
> pixmap scaling (actually it scales original 24-bit data into a pixmap). It
> handles any bitdepth you're likely to ever use, and handles decent
> dithering and colormap handling for 8bpp. It can also cache scaled pixmaps
> and loaded images, load a pile of image formats.. well enough... it will
> be out soon.
sounds good :-) I just tried to try imlib... ;) but the program in TST
did only segfault after bringing up a window for shorter than half a second :(

> > Another question: Is there another widget than the drawing area for such
> > things, as it's quite complicated to draw transparent pixmaps :-(
> Is it meant to be the top-level window that is transparent, or just a
> widget? If it's a widget, there's the gtkpixmap widget (see gtkpixmap.h) -
> that can be transparent.. but you have to create and destroy it if it
> changes. If it's a toplevel window you can just use the widget->window
> window id, set the background pixmap, clear the window and set the shape
> mask too. Infact you can do that to the drawing area as well, which means
> you don't have to use the gtkpixmap widget.
I want to draw a transparent pixmap on an area with a background which
should partly be still visible... for example a planet on a background,
and in the corners of the pixmap should be still the background...

I don't want to use widgets because it could get time and resource
consuming (like gtklist) as there might be hundreds of pixmaps...
every gtkpixmap would have to be destroyed and recreated when the starchart
is rotated

I just saw libwraster... i'll try that one till gdk_imlib is released...

cu...
	Roni alias _crash