Re: [gtk-list] widgets not always resizing????????????

raster@redhat.com writes:

> ->  void       gtk_window_set_policy               (GtkWindow           *window,
> ->  						gint                 allow_shrink,
> ->  						gint                 allow_grow,
> ->  						gint                 auto_shrink);
> ->
> ->  But if the configure event gets called with a size the widget
> ->  doesn't have, that is a bug.
>
> hmm actually setting auto_shrink to 1 mad eit work.. but i ask.. my
> windows did shrink AND grow... i had allow_shirnk and allow_grow on the
> parent window on, but not auto_srink... it did work well up to a
> point.. is there an untrapped case happening here? I seem to smell it..
> but I may be wrong...

Since there is no documentation, it isn't obvious, but
allow_shrink and allow_grow only affect what the user can do.
auto_shrink is needed if you want the widget to get smaller
without user intervention. (The window can always grow on its own)

                                        Owen