Re: Some handlebox flaws

>  - Transient windows generically _will_ be decorated unlike
>    override-redirect windows. If we don't want handleboxes to
>    be sticky, that is a necessary evil, but we can ameliorate it
>    by using WM specific hints to remove decorations where possible.
>
>    The Motif hints are widely supported (at least by MWM, FVWM and
>    descendants). There are also OpenLook hints that we could
>    set simulataneously if anybody uses olvwm anymore.

Motif hints sound like a good idea.  Is there a difference in
functionality between those and, say, KWM's own hints?  It seems that
Motif 2.0 has some new stuff for wm hints.

>      gdk_window_set_decorations (GdkWindow *window, GdkWindowDecoration
>                                  *flags)
>
>    Where flags is an enum with the values:
>
>     GDK_DECORATION_BORDER
>     GDK_DECORATION_RESIZEH
>     GDK_DECORATION_TITLE
>     GDK_DECORATION_MENU
>     GDK_DECORATION_MINIMIZE
>     GDK_DECORATION_MAXIMIZE
>     (Plus probably _ALL/_NONE)

This sounds good to me.

>       Icon name/pixmap/mask. (People seem to want this. In which
>         case it should be added to the Window widget interface as
>         well)

Agreed.  This will be especially important for Gnome applications,
which need to handle icons properly.

>       Window groups

What can these be used for?

  Quartic