KDE Gnome Qt gtk--

Hi all,

I've just compared different developments (see subject).
This comparison results in some conclusions and suggestions:

conclusions:
1. The KDE-Desktop is the most advanced desktop for Linux.
2. The difference between Gnome and KDE is simply avoiding Qt or not, the goal
   is the same.
3. Qt is the best available graphical Toolkit
4. gtk specially gtk-- is the closest completly free Toolkit to Qt.
5. The arguments of KDE-folks and Gnome-folks in spite of librarieschoosing
   is reasonable.

suggestions:
1. What do the KDE-developers think about converting their apps to gtk--?
2. What do gtk-developers think about getting closer to Qt?
3. What do Gnome-developers think about avoiding multiple code with KDE and
   support their work ( or reverse KDE-folks help Gnome) ?

What would happen?
1. The discussion if Qt is free or not is obsolete.( I think it's free enough,
   but that's a different point)
2. KDE will be established as standard desktop in the world of Linux.
3. Other applications  orginally not written for KDE could get KDE apps,
   because other widget-sets could be emulated by the 'kde-toolkit' gtk.

This are all crazy ideas, but I would like to know what do
you think about them.

A friend of free software and KDE
Carsten
Carsten Kind
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie      Tel.: ++49-228-73-2998
Universitaet Bonn                       Fax.: ++49-228-73-2551
Wegelerstr. 12                        e-mail: kind@yang.thch.uni-bonn.de
D-53115 Bonn, Germany