Re: clist titles

Paolo Molaro writes:
>See the gtkcombo widget in the contrib dir on ftp.gimp.org/pub/gtk.
>It allows two column elements (there is an example for that).

Yes, that's nice.  The two-column element is definitely what I am
looking for.  :-)

It looks to me like the programming interfaces of the gtkcombobox and
your gtkcombo widget are mostly orthogonal, and could be combined into
one widget.  The simple list functionality of the combobox is kind of
nice for when that's all you need.

Would you be interesting in extending your interface slightly so that
it's easy to take code written to gtkcombobox and move it over to
your combo widget?  If you could do that, I think everyone here would
be quite willing to change the combobox widget in gtk to be yours...
That's two things: maintaining a simple GList of text strings as one
way to populate and update the widget (should map to your widget
pretty easily, right?) and adding a max size for the entry widget,
which should be a few lines of code copied from gtkcombobox.c.

What do you think?

michaelkjohnson

                        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0201308215