gtktext and other stuff

Hi,

I've been spending the last couple of days looking at ways to make
gtktext work. After reading the code a couple of times, I have a rough
idea of how the widget works.

Here's is what I think about it:

1. As things stand now, one needs to call gtk_widget_realize before
   calling gtk_text_insert (at least testgtk.c does). I've removed
   this unnecessary restriction. In my book, the widget should be as
   easy to use as:

	gtk_text_new()
	gtk_text_insert()
	gtk_widget_show()

2. The scroll bars should be automatic from the widget user's point of
   view i.e. one doesn't have to explicitly create and attach them.

3. Is there a reason why text->cursor_mark exists ? I think it's
   duplicating text->point. Am I missing something here ?

Also, I tried integrating Python-gtk bindings with gnome. I have a
Makefile that works (attached) and am unable to write a Makefile.am
that does the same. Can someone help ? Having a leading underscore in
"_gtkmodule.so" seems to be a problem with automake.

	-Arun

----
SWIG=swig -nocomment -python -I swig
CC=gcc
CFLAGS=-s -pipe -fPIC -I/usr/include/python1.4
LIBS=-L/usr/X11/lib -lglib -lgdk -lgtk -lX11 -lm -lXext
INTERFACES=gtk.i swig/*.i

all: _gtkmodule.so

gtk_wrap.c: $(INTERFACES)
        $(SWIG) gtk.i

_gtkmodule.so: gtk_wrap.o
        $(CC) -shared gtk_wrap.o -o _gtkmodule.so $(LIBS)