Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK widget: Round dial

> > I wouldn't say adding stuff which doesn't execute will make it slower ...
>
> Well, if it's mixed in with code that does execute, you wind up not being
> able to swap in the code which is executing without swapping in some of
> the code that doesn't execute. this effectively slows down swapping and
> increases memory usage. Personally, I'm all in favor of a small, fast
> toolkit that can be easily modified, we just need to put a good bit of
> thought into how to achieve both goals.

true it would increase some memory usage, but if it were done smart and the
less used stuff would be say in another .so file, so you would not need
to swap it in since it would never get to execute, there would still be
the code sprinkled with calls which would get loaded ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!