Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK widget: Round dial

Quoting Andy Tai (atai@ece.ucsd.edu):
> > thats the idea.. not to do kai's.. but to allow the power to at least
> > look kewl like kpt.  to shange your slider knobs from grey  beveled
> > boxes to small red knobs, to make all your buttons look like rusty
> > metal panels wiht rusty bolts on the corners etc. the placing etc will
> > be the same.. just the look changes.. and thsu will not be as confusing
> > as ktp.. every slider and scoller wil be alike.. just youcan change ALL
> > of them to somehting different. the idea of the theme is to universally
> > shange everyhting to a neww look & feel anytime you want..
> >
> > |raster@rasterman.com     /\___ /\ ___/||\___ ____/|/\___  raster@redhat.com   |
>
> Oh, boy... the thought of a screen shot of GIMP in the "Enlighted" way is
> scary...
> May the gtk maintainers keep gtk pure and professional (as is now) and
> keep the theme stuff in the "optional" category...
>

> Rasterman, you are amazing, but please consider most users do not need so much
> enlightment... a little bit is enough...

well then the users that don't need rusty bolts on their buttons don't have
to install any themes .. it's not like somebody is forcing you to install
a "rusty" feel ...

evel enlightenment can be made to look "bussiness like" ... he's talking
not about taking the current look out .. but adding an option for users to
make their buttons/widgets look any way they like ... I don't see any
problem for somebody who doesn't wanna use this capability ... I for one
wouldn't use it ... and I like a clean interface ... but the fact that the
capability is there won't bother me a bit ... but most people I know
that run computers don't actually do real work on it ... they have them
to play quake and browse the web .. and occasionally do homework ... these
are people that would like to have a few rusty bolts on their buttons ...:)
I don't see gtk becoming "unprofessional" if the theme stuff is added ...
it just means that the people that like to be "enlightened" will be able to
do so ... the normal users won't have to do anything ... it will look the
same way for us as it did before ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!