Re: GTK work ok with HP workstation as X server?

Stephen Birch <sbirch@ironmountainsystems.com> writes:
SB> I think I know the answer to this (yes), but I just want to be
SB> sure.  Am I correct in assuming the X on Linux is sufficiently
SB> standard that a GDK application running on a Linux client will
SB> display correctly on an HP workstation acting as the X server?

I don't have any experience with HP workstations, but I run X and GTK
apps on a Linux box with Sun and SGI X servers all the time, and they
work fine.  I believe XFree86, the Linux X package, is derived from
official X Consortium sources (from a time when there was an X
Consortium).

--
/                             \  "The cat's been in the box for over