Re: [gtk-list] an additional argument flag

Tim Janik <timj@gimp.org> writes:

> i just talked with jay about default construction of GtkCList on #gimp.

[...]

> jay moved the clist initializaton stuff into a seperate function
> gtk_clist_construct() so that at least derivation can easily be done

[...]

> this is also needed by the Gtk-- folks.

Indeed, I'm the one who asked him to do this, and I was going to
submit a proposition to do likewise for all other "complex" widgets,
like GtkGammaCurve, and GtkInputDialog.

Note that the only reason we need this is because gtk-- plugs its own
GtkTypeInfo in for its widgets, so we can't use all the
gtk_<widget>_new() functions.

Therefore, either we duplicate all the "widget setup" code in each
_new() into the gtk-- constructors (which is what we currently do,
since it's quite tolerable for most widgets), or we get a new entry
point in the construction chain right after the call to
gtk_type_new().

Aside of that, I agree with your proposition :-).

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent