Newbie Gtk+ questions...

Hi all,

I've just started working with the Gtk+ toolkit, and I've run across a
couple questions...

1) Is there a way to get an integer-valued Scale widget, or do I need
   to build my own? I didn't see one, but maybe I'm missing something.
   If it currently isn't possible, this would certainly be a nice
   addition.

2) I've noticed that when I create a new dialog with gtk_dialog_new(),
   it is not markked as transient. If I do a
   gtk_window_new(GTK_DIALOG_WINDOW), the window is a transient, but
   it doesn't do the nice dialog setup. Is there a way to make the
   gtk_dialog_new() window transient, or do I have to create the
   window, and then do the equivilant of the dialog setup myself?

3) I have an idle procedure which ends up taking about 500ms. This
   makes interactive performance *really* bad :). From UTS,L! it
   appears that splitting it up into 2 procedures will still call both
   procedures between event checks, no matter what. Can I call
   gtk_main_iteration_do() in the middle of my idle function and have
   it process events correctly, or am I basically taking my chances if
   I do that?

4) What's the correct syntax for using the space bar as a menu
   accelerator?

Other than that, Gtk has been pretty nice to use as far as X toolkits
go. I especially like the menu factory. It's something that belings in
a toolkit, rather than the convenience functions that really aren't
(*cough*Motif*cough*).

For the curious, the toy I am working on is a QuickPict(Connectix B/W
qcam still-picture GUI) clone for Linux. It's not very complicated,
but it's basically my first GUI app I've ended up getting past
prototype on :).

Thanks in advance,
-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/