Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk_tree_item_init

> On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Matt Burke wrote:
>
> > Here's a couple warnings I get when I run a program with a gtk_tree in
> > it. I was wondering if there is a workaround to this other than putting
> > the xpm's into the directory I'm in when I'm running it or by modifying
> > gtktreeitem.c so that gtk_tree_item_init looks in
> > /usr/local/share/pixmaps and then copying the pixmaps there.
> >
> > ** WARNING **: gtk_tree_item_init: can't find tree_plus.xpm file !
> >

> > ** WARNING **: gtk_tree_item_init: can't find tree_minus.xpm file !
> >

> I'd say it shouldn't be necessary to have any xpm's floating around in the
> filesystem where it can be avoided. Here you have your tree and the pixmaps
> are always the same (opposite to a window manager with user definable pixmaps)
> so the pixmap should be inlined in the program itself (well pixmaps make it
> easy there). I didn't spend much time with tree widgets (at least until now)
> so I ask: with the current implementation of the tree widget, is it possible
> to have the pixmaps inlined or not? It would be a serious lack if you had to
> use external pixmaps IMO.
>
> Nils
> --

Hi,

I have a version of gtktree with inline pixmap...
I will realasing a patch this evening for gtk+-0.99.3.

Regards,

P.S.: actually i'm very busy at my work and i have not time to respond
at all question... but, promise, when i've a few time, i will do that.

    _/ _/_/  _/  _/_/   _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Bolliet Jerome
   _/ _/ _/ _/ _/  _/   /  _/     _/  email: bolliet@in2p3.fr
 _/ _/    _/   _/    _/         _/    Equipe Administration Systeme
_/ _/    _/  _/_/_/ _/     _/_/_/     email: sysunix@in2p3.fr
Centre de Calcul - Campus de la Doua
  27 boulevard du 11 novembre 1918    Tel.: 04 78 93 08 80
   69622 - VILLEURBANNE - FRANCE      Fax.: 04 78 94 30 54