GTK Project

If someone is really itching to do some GTK work, there is a need for a
way to align/size multiple widgets which have different parents (ie, not
in a table).  I was thinking GtkVBoxk and GtkHBox could have a function to
set a "group size hook".  If a hbox/vbox had such a hook set, it would be
keep track of the maximum widget size for each position, and the box would
allocate it's children to the size specified by the group hook object.
This would make it quite a bit easier to align menu items with pixmaps
without hard-coding the sizes.  I'll do it when I get some time.

Comments?  Is there a easer way to do this?  A better way?

Jay Painter -- jpaint@serv.net -- jpaint@gimp.org -- jpaint@real.com
http://www.serv.net/~jpaint