Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk slowness?

> hm, who is in charge for such a proposal?
> i'm curious (extremely), in what way do you plan to change the signal
> emission system?
> hm, there are so mmuch things involved with signal handling/object methods
> that i'll better shut up now and wait until i see what you have in mind.
> but please extend on this jay!

It's not my proposal/idea, Quartic and Miguel are working on it.  The
basic idea is to eliminate the widget-defigned signal marshalling by
having fixed callback arguments.  Somthing like:

generic_gtk_callback (GtkWidget * widget,
                      gint signal_type,
                      gpointer * data,
                      gpointer * pointer_to_args_struct)

this makes creating signals easier, and allows the connecting of multiple
signals to the same signal handler.  The signal handler can decide how to
handle the signal based on it's signal_type.

Regards,
Jay