RE: [gtk-list] TextBox

On 05-Feb-98 ALT2376@ritvax.isc.rit.edu wrote:
>        I'll be much appreciated if anyone can point now what i did
> is
> wrong..Thanks

Put a freeze...thaw pair in your callback function, so it becomes:

void callback(GtkWidget *widget,gpointer data)
{
    static GdkFont *font;

font=gdk_font_load("-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-*-100-*-*-*-*-*-*")
;
    gtk_text_freeze(GTK_TEXT(data));
    gtk_widget_realize(GTK_WIDGET(data));
    gtk_text_insert(GTK_TEXT(data),font,NULL,NULL,
                    "THIS IS A TEST...TESTING..TESTING...\n", -1);
    gtk_text_thaw(GTK_TEXT(data));
}

I don't think this *should* be required, but the text widget is umm,
non optimal in the working department :-)

Tony
--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@minotaur.dra.hmg.gb>
Living in LA is like not having a date on Saturday night.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.