Re: BUG?

Zio Budda <ziobudda@chiara.dei.unipd.it> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> Hi, I'm doing a GTK/Top application, but I think that I have found a bug,
> but I don't know what type of bug (or my error is)
> The Problem is : I have 2 frame in a
> hbox widget. Every 2 Frames must to contain a 3 progress bar. The first
> Frame contain the progres's bar of /proc/uptime and it works...
> The second Frame must to contain other 3 progress bar from /proc/meminfo.
> The 3 progres's bar of Frame1 have 3 gtk_timeout_add() and they works, but
> if i make the Frame2 in equal way the application does not work...
> More exactly if I insert the 3 gtk_time_out from the 3 progress bar of
> Frame2 the application do not work.
> In attchment there is my program in tar.gz. I can not to understand
> where is my error... The 2 Frame are similar (built in equal method, only
> the variables are changed)
> Plz help me...

The problem is is that it takes longer for your program to read
/proc/meminfo than the interval between timeouts, so it never
gets a chance to redraw the interface. So either speed that up
(Read it in in bigger chunks? I'm not sure why it is that slow...
but some experimentation should reveal the answer) or do it
less frequently.

Regards,
                                        Owen