Information on how to use a text widget

I've been looking for information on how to use the text widget, but
haven't found too much.  I can get one up and kind of running after
looking at the testgtk.c file, but it doesn't like to be typed to.

I made it editable, but do not know what signals to attach to it or the
window in order to receive keystrokes.  I've tried looking for sample
programs, and the only one I saw that looked like it used a text widget
was Balsa.  But I couldn't find where it looked for keypresses.

Can anyone help me out here?

Also, how does the text widget keep track of text?  I wanted to implement
syntax highlighting, but the approach will depend on how the text is
stored in GTK.

| -Dave                                | // Name that OS                |
| lndshark@megsinet.net                | #include <slow_crap.h>         |
|       Visit The Hate Page!!!         | slow_t main()                  |
| http://doombbs.ml.org/~lndshark/hate | {return blue_screen_of_fun();} |