Re: [gtk-list] helloworld core on Solaris7

> I have compiled glib/gtk 1.1.9 with egcs 1.1.1.
> The glib tests run OK. (make test)
> However, running the GTK helloworld demo results in a "core" file.

	Compiling with debug symbols and looking at the backtrace of
the core dump would help....  I can tell you that 1.1.9 works find on my
Solaris 7 box (Intel) using the same compiler.  Are you displaying on
the local server's X display or on a remote display?  I know that my
Solaris binaries that work fine locally don't work when remotely displayed
on SCO's XVision 97 X server (running on Windows).  I get a segfault too.
The offending call is XUnregisterIMInstantiateCallback and due to a snafu
in 1.1.9 you can't compile without XIM support.

	Can you try on another server and see if it barfs too?

Just a thought.

--
James Macnicol
jamesm@ee.adfa.oz.au