Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK+/GLib patch for systems without poll() (like RedHat 4.x)

Sven Neumann wrote:

> >> Hrmm... so, does this fix that gtk/glib 1.1.x segfault bug in gEdit then?
> > (if so, it seems Debian doesnt have this poll() thing either.. havent
> > checked)..
>
> If you think this fixes the bug in gEdit I reported earlier today, you might be wrong, since I run the latest glib from CVS on a RedHat 5.1 system.

Redhat is glibc based, the debian version he is using may not be.
According to the release notes on the debian web site, it says that
version 2.0 is libc 6 based. So if he's running 2.0, he's definately got
another problem.

libc6 appears to have the poll system call:

static-nneul(318)>nm /lib/libc.so.6 | grep poll
0006bb50 t __emulate_poll
000727f0 T __syscall_poll
0006bad0 T poll

libc 5 does not