Re: [gtk-list] Opposites Are Attractive.

Ralph Corderoy wrote:

[...]
> The general idea is to make use of the `third' mouse button.  A simple
> example is a scrollbar comprising of up and down arrows, a thumb that
> can be dragged, and a trough that the thumb moves up and down in.
> Clicking with B1 (button 1) on the up arrow would move the thumb up
> one unit.  I'm pushing for a click with B3 to move the thumb in the
> opposite direction.  Similarly, paging the thumb up by clicking above
> it in the trough with B1 would turn into paging down if B3 was used.

[...]

Shouldn't it be nicer if the way the mouse behaves could be configured
using the GtkStyle stuff? This makes it easier for other people to
immitate their favorite GUI. For example: you want to use the third
button + mouse movement for scrolling, but some NT user might wanna use
the second mouse button + mouse movement for scrolling... Or maybe
someone just want's GTK to act like those 'primitive' X-apps (like
xterm).

But that thing you wanna do with pulldown and pop-up menu's is very
interesting... One vote for you!

Anyway... GTK should be kept as configurable as possible.

Yours,

_A_

Arjan Molenaar.