GtkDrawingArea + GtkPaned = trouble

Hi!
I am seeing a strange behavior in my application. I have a box with a
drawing area and a vertical pane packed into it. Each part of the pane
has a CList. There are two strange things that happen when I change the
size of the two paned windows:

	1. As far as I understand, "configure_event" gets emitted when
	   change the size of the paned windows. This leads to clearing
	   my drawing area. It happens always.
	2. When the lower part of the pane gets small, "configure_event"
	   is emitted two times, so my drawing area always gets cleared.

I'm now working with gtk 1.0.5.

	Sergei