Re: [gtk-list] Re: glib still doesn't link right on Solaris

Dave Reed wrote:

> > From: Dave Reed <dreed@capital.edu>
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Try using gmake (GNU make) when compiling glib and gtk+ on Solaris. I have
> > > made good experience with this. If you don't have GNU make installed, get it
> > > and install it as gmake.
> > >

> > > Salut, Sven
> >
> > I must have missed the original question - I've sucessfully compiled
> > gtk+-1.0.6 on Solaris 2.6 without gmake.  There was a problem with
> > using the gcc compiler created under Solaris 2.4/2.5 when upgrading to
> > Solaris 2.6 - make certain you get a gcc for Solaris compiled under
> > 2.6
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Dave
>
> Wait, I take that back.  I know I've successfully compiled a version
> of gtk under some version of Solaris with Solaris' make, but I finally
> installed Gnu's version of make this past summer because I got tired
> of some of the limitations of Solaris' version.
>
> Dave
>
> --

I am using gnumake. I looked at the -R description in the ld man page
and I'm not sure how it would help. I will try it next time I do a
build.

Todd.
   | Todd Dukes                      E-MAIL:  tdukes@ibmoto.com |
   | Motorola Somerset                  Phone:   (512) 424-8008 |
   | MS OE70                                                    |
   | 6300 Bridgepoint Parkway Building #3                       |
   | Austin, Texas 78730                                        |