XOR line

	I'm trying to implement a 'rubber-band' selecting feature into a
drawing area, and I was thinking that, using a XOR line (one line over
another erases the previous one without changing the background) I could
do this without too much CPU usage.
	Currently, I'm blitting an offscreen pixmap into the drawing area
and then drawing the rectangle over it, but it's just a temporary solution
(I hope).
	Can anyone please tell me how to do a XORed line with gdk or,
alternatively, the strategy to implementing a 'rubber-band'?
	Thanks!

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
[http://members.xoom.com/Gustavo_JAMC]