Re: [gtk-list] Drawing rotated text

Hi,
I've just began using gtk/gdk, but I can say to you (I've seen it) you
wont get ratation (kind of animation) without flicking -- use double
buffering (pixmap backing).

And about rotation -- maybe gtkglarea (GL widget) will help you
(http://www.student.oulu.fi/~jlof/gtkglarea/) and you'll need mesaGL --
free OpenGL libraries, thay can be get on www.opengl.org.

For the latest gtkglarea you'll need gtk+ 1.1.5 or higher so if you'll get
1.1.7 some of applications you built you'll have to recompile and
some wont't work anyway because of removing some functions in 1.1.7 e.g.
gtk_clist_set_policy.

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Lyndon Drake wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a method for drawing rotated text?  On most

> (BTW, I'm drawing directly to a DrawingArea.)

_____
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
mailto:sasha@ak2614.spb.edu