Re: [gtk-list] semi modal window ;-)

>Ok, after reading several FAQ's and the source to some degree I understand
>that modal windows are considered a nono, but having to deal with ignorant
>users, I have to compensate for their lack of a clue and would like to do
>so by at least forcing a particular input window to always remain on top.

You *should* be able to do it by giving it the `dialogue' window type. Then it
should always be kept above the application's top-level windows. I don't know
if GTK actually supports this, however; Motif certainly does (and GTK's better
than Motif, right?).

--
+- David Given ------------McQ-+
+- http://wiredsoc.ml.org/~dg -+