Pixmap data and servers

Having gotten a pretty good response to the pixmap change stuff
(many thanks! really made my day!) and that of the pixmaps to
be on the server side and not on the application (or at least
to my understanding), then I would like to get clear this
confusion...

If I have a single pixmap data array that contains several
characters of the alphabet (0123456789), then would it be
safe to allocate memory dynamically to create a valid
pixmap array for only ONE digit *extracted* from the big
pixmap (the one with all the digits) and then deallocating
this array when the GTK/GDK pixmaps are created? What are
the pitfalls? I have seen this done in Motif programs but with
very cryptic code :( ideas?

		TIA,
			Emilio
--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands