Re: [gtk-list] Re: 1.1.5 g_timer_new bug!

Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> it uses g_new and that will fail (i.e. exit), if no memory is available,
> thus g_new it is guaranteed to return a non NULL value.

 I don't want my application to crash ungracefully because a
timer allocation failed, instead I would prefer to leave this
to the application itself, so it can do other things or cleanup
or find ways to deal with it rather than a

      *** ERROR **** something != NULL message
      core dumped

that would be like Windows :(

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands