Popups?

I'm trying to set up a window that will appear at start-up and ask a question
of the user, react to the answer by perhaps opening further windows, before
opening the main window. I have tried a few things, but cannot get anything
but the main window to display. So I have a few questions:

1) Can these first windows be put in a seperate function (called something
like init() ), and if so what do I have to pass to it?

2) I assume I still want to create the main window with
gtk_new_window(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL), but what type are the other windows? For
that matter what is the difference between TOPLEVEL, POPUP and DIALOG?

3) How do i set it up so that the main window isn't displayed until all the
startup windows have been dealt with?

Cheers
	Dave (feeling slightly thick)

--
            Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.1.125
   <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> |