Re: [gtk-list] Re: glibc

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Ullrich Hafner wrote:

>     Yasholomew> I'm not on the list, so please reply off-list.  I
>     Yasholomew> can't seem to find help in the many FAQs.  This is the
>     Yasholomew> error I'm getting:
>
>     Yasholomew> euphoria:/home/yashy # rpm -i gtk+-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm
>     Yasholomew> failed dependencies:
>     Yasholomew>         glibc >= 2.0.7 is needed by gtk+-1.0.6-1
> SuSE uses libc5. I've made some RPMs (with NEXT look and feel):
> http://www-info2.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/ulli/gtkstep/

According to the SuSE folks that I talked to at Comdex Fall, SuSE 6.0 will
be out 'real soon now', and will be glibc-based like TurboLinux and Red
Hat are.  Welcome, SuSE, to the Inner Circle :)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)