Re: [gtk-list] Re: egcs warning

On 1 Dec 1998, Alan Shutko wrote:

> S> heh, well, egcs does a lot of things better than gcc, as well.  And
> S> I believe -O6 is even more dangerous on the old gcc than it is with
> S> egcs..
>
> Actually, I think it's perfectly safe, since it doesn't exist.  (It
> won't complain, but it won't complain about -O99999 either.)  As I
> recall, only up to -O3 exists on gcc.

Hm, it must map -O{ > 3} to -O3, then.  I think egcs might do the same
thing - however, I do know that -O2 is safe, so ...?  When the next egcs
comes out, I'll try it with that as well.

I've had some other apps have trouble with -O6 as well, so I'm just going
to stick with -O2 for now.  That should be optimized enough, i hope :)