Re: [gtk-list] Re: proposed standard for gtkrc files?

Karl Nelson wrote:
> I am not sure if /etc is the proper place to put a widget library
> configuration file.
[...]
> those things tied to one machine in etc.  A /usr (read shared
> user files) level library should not place its configuration
> outside the /usr tree.  It would be just plan bad form.

That is why they invented autoconf.  :)  You can set --prefix and
--sysconfdir to whatever you desire.

In any case, using "--prefix=/usr", common on Linux, will stuff the
config files by default into /usr/etc.  (Some autoconf versions
default sysconfdir to /etc I think.)

	Jeff