Re: [gtk-list] Gtk--: determining Gtk_OptionMenu choice

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998 Robert_Gasch@peoplesoft.com wrote:

> I'm using a Gtk_OptionMenu (Gtk+1.0.5, Gtk--0.9.11) and even though the
> basic thing seems to work, I can't quite figure out how to get the option
> menu's choice back once it's been selected.

There's more than one way, but basically it's just like for any other
menu; you'll be dealing with the Gtk_Menu for the Gtk_OptionMenu, not the
option menu itself. Two ways are to connect to the "activate" signal of
each menu item widget, or to identify each menu item widget in some way
(e.g. with set_data) and then call get_active on the Gtk_Menu.

Havoc