Re: DOCUMENTATION (yes, this is shouted)

In a previous message, KC5TJA wrote:

> Well said.  However, I recommend using a commenting style that lends
> itself to self-extraction by a documentation tool.  For instance, in my
> home-brew OS that I'm writing, I have this function.  My entire API is
> documented in this way.

The lack of documentation certainly does seem to be quite a problem,
doesn't it?  This is a problem in software in general (IMHO).  The code
either seems to be over commented where the writer is basically documenting
the language (telling my stuff I should be able to figure out from the
code), or there are no comments at all.  It appears that the happy
medium is on vacation.

BTW, I really like your example below.  If all libraries were commented
this well, people actually could know what was going on by reading the
headers (unlike now).