RE: [gtk-list] RE: Code generation for GTK+ apps

have a look at http://www.iweb.net.au/~steveoc/gnuera.html

This is an ambitious project to do a high-end case tool. I will have a
simple screen editor in there, but the purpose of this is more to
describe the screen in terms of the database and overall function of the
screen rather than the nitty gritty details.

On the generation phase, a database schema (create_database.sql) is
created, a number of utility functions (c code) are created, and I think
with the screen code, I will either generate c code, or a higher level
XML type spec for the screen. It was a good design move on (your ?) part
to use such a format for the native storage in Glade.

Gnuera and Glade should fit in well together for doing database apps.

- Do a high level requirements spec, test cases, etc
- Model the underlying database using an E-R editor
- Draw a navigation diagram for the whole application
- Gnuera to generate a standard layout for a screen depending on it's
function, and then invoke Glade to fine tune the screen.

What do you think ?