'Terminal'-like widget?

Hi all

Has anybody out there written a terminal-like widget? I.e. something like
the text widget but with callbacks for when a user presses enter, and
maybe a command history.

What I want to do is have an interpreter running and be able to get user
input and print output from the interpreter, but without going all the way
to the complexity of a real terminal.

Just thought I'd ask before I start modifying an existing widget.

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2965 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |