Some questions from a newbie

I have some questions, if someone will kindly answer me i'll be happy...
1) I would like to know how to change background color of a text widget.
I tried with:
setting: widget->style->bg[state] = color;
and using:
gdk_window_set_background(GTK_TEXT(widget)->text_area,color);
with no result.
2)changing a widget cursor is an easy job,
restoring previous cursor dictates to know it.
How know wich is the widget cursor before setting a new one ?
3) setting object_events to a Clist i can intercept
buttons event but key_event not, even if i set the proper mask.
It's a normal behaviour or i'm missing something ?
--
Mario Motta
mmotta@guest.net