Gtk--: Gtk_Dialog (refresh) troubles

Hi,

I'm trying to use Gtk_Dialog in GTK-- but am running into some problems.

My dialog windows are classes which inherit Gtk_Dialog and simply add some
buttons to Gtk_Dialog::action_area() and some input fields to
Gtk_Dialog::vbox().

Dialogs are created only once and then only shown and hidden on demand. At
first glance everything works just fine, but of course, further testing
revealed the following problem: When my program is running and once I open
any dialog for the first time, everything is fine. However, once I have
opened
a dialog, any other dialog I try to open comes up blank (ie: not redrawn)
accompanied by the following error message:

> ** WARNING **: file gtkbutton.c: line 856 (gtk_button_add):
> "GTK_IS_BUTTON (container)"

Please note that the first Dialog I open works without generating an
error message. I can open and close the same dialog countless times without
any problems, but once I try to open a dialog other than the first dialog I
opened, I get the above error message and a blank window. Chances are I'm
doing something really stupid but I can't figure this one out.

Any help would be appreciated ...
Thanks
--> Robert

PS: If this description is completeley meaningless/intelligable, I can try
to write a short sample program to illustrate my point.